Sustainable Development Goals
For over a century, AT&T has been committed to using the power of our technology to make communities stronger. As we expand into new global markets, this commitment is as strong as ever. In September 2015, 193 countries came together and agreed to take on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) – a framework of 17 goals aimed at reducing poverty, protecting our planet, and ensuring prosperity for all. These goals call upon all of us to do our part to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. At AT&T, we believe that our focus on supporting people, planet and possibilities is aligned with the UN SDGs.
There is much to be done if we are to ensure the success of the SDGs by their target date of 2030. We are proud to be doing our part and look forward to working with all critical players – from NGOs to governments and other businesses across the globe – to achieve these goals.
To learn more about how AT&T is supporting several of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, click on specific goals below:
- SDG 3, Target 6: By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents
- SDG 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- SDG 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 11: Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts