AT&T Names Winners of 2017 AT&T Supplier Sustainability and Diversity Awards
AT&T is proud to recognize our suppliers who demonstrated outstanding environmental and social responsibility with the AT&T Supplier Sustainability and Diversity Awards.
Supplier Sustainability Awards
At AT&T, we are in pursuit of a better future, and keeping the health of our planet top of mind is part of that strategy. In alignment with our 2020/2025 goals of leading our supply chain to improve its social and environmental impacts by integrating sustainability metrics into our sourcing decisions, we are focusing more than ever on standardized industry metrics. Two suppliers have been chosen to receive the 2017 Sustainability Award based on their continued focus on delivering sustainable products, efforts towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and outstanding performance on the Quest Sustainability Assessor aligning on TL 9000 quality standards across 10 areas of sustainability.
“Incorporating sustainable practices into our supply chain is a top priority at AT&T,” said Susan A. Johnson, executive vice president, Global Connections & Supply Chain, AT&T. “We look to work with suppliers that are a model of sustainable business operations that will help us drive the whole industry to be more environmentally and socially responsible.”
The winners of this year’s AT&T Supplier Sustainability Award are:
- Steelcase, Inc. achieved the Gold level designation in the 2017 QuEST Sustainability Assessment. Most notably, Steelcase achieved the Best Practice designation in corporate social responsibility and eco-friendly design. Additionally, Steelcase is actively involved in AT&T’s efforts to transform its workspaces, identifying future workplace trends through ongoing research and providing environmentally sustainable office furniture. 100% of Steelcase products purchased by AT&T contributed to LEED certifications, 86% of the products earned BIFMA level© certifications, 92% earned indoor air quality certifications, and 56% earned certifications in the Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM Products Program.
- Oldcastle Precast, a CRH Company, achieved the Gold level designation in the 2017 QuEST Sustainability Assessment. Most notably, Oldcastle achieved the Best Practice designation in organizational engagement, supply chain management, and eco-design. Additionally, Oldcastle Precast works to continuously improve the sustainability of its supply chain. In 2017 CRH and Oldcastle reduced CO2 emissions by 2 million tons and used 33 million tons of renewable materials during product manufacture. The company also promotes on-site electricity generation, most notably with 122 MWh of power generated during 2017 by a solar-panel system at an Oldcastle Precast location.
Supplier Diversity Awards
AT&T is also recognizing 34 of its suppliers for their commitment to and support of minority, women and disabled veteran owned businesses.
“This year marks a significant milestone as AT&T celebrates the 50th anniversary of its Supplier Diversity program by recognizing the suppliers that also demonstrate values of inclusion,” said Johnson. “We know inclusion drives innovation, betters our products and services, and makes a real difference in people’s lives. We’re proud of our 2017 Supplier Diversity Award winners.”
6 of AT&Ts suppliers are receiving the 2017 AT&T Diversity Excellence Award in recognition of meeting or exceeding AT&T’s goal of spending 21.5% with certified diverse businesses and for driving further improvements through memberships in national and regional diversity business organizations and actively participating in matchmaking and business fostering events:
- Black & Veatch Corporation
- FedEx Supply Chain
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- YOH Services, LLC
An additional 28 suppliers are receiving the 2017 Supplier Diversity Crystal Award in recognition of meeting or exceeding AT&T’s goal of spending 21.5% with certified diverse businesses:
- ABBCO Service Corporation
- AD Results
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Ansco & Associates, LLC
- AON, PLC
- Archway Marketing Services
- Capgemini America, Inc.
- Cisco Systems
- CommScope, Inc.
- Communications Test Design, Inc.
- Corning Optical Communications
- Dell Technologies
- Duffey Southeast, Inc.
- Juniper Networks
- LG Electronics
- Mass Markets
- Northcentral Telecom, Inc.
- Raycap, Inc.
- Rodgers Townsend
- Samsung Electronics America
- Securitas Security Services
- Skyler Electric Company, Inc.
- The Beck Group
- The Marketing Arm
- West Revenue Generation Services
AT&T is proud to work with suppliers that share its values and the efforts these suppliers make to improve the sustainability and diversity of their supply chains.