AT&T and SST, Inc. Team Up for ShotSpotter

May 28, 2014

ShotSpotter - AT&T Annual Report 2013

When someone fires a gun in the United States, the police are called only 20 percent of the time. The other 80 percent of the time, no one calls them. Using the power of AT&T's machine-to-machine network, SST's ShotSpotter solutions detect gunshots in cities across the United States. So within minutes, local law enforcement can detect gunfire and pinpoint its location — helping them solve crimes and save lives. For more information on the 2013 AT&T Annual Report, visit http://www.att.com/annualreport2013.

like 0I found this story helpful

 

When it comes to emergency response, time is of the essence.  Twenty percent of the time a gun is illegally fired in U.S. urban areas someone calls 911, but the other 80 percent of the time no one calls.*  San Francisco Bay Area-based SST, Inc. is a leader in gunshot detection.

shotspotter_stat_1_story

 

SST built the ShotSpotter gun fire detection and location technology designed to alert law enforcement in real time when and where a shooting occurred, the number of rounds fired, and the number of shooters involved in an incident.

shotspotter_stat_2_story

 

Giving a responding officer the correct information is essential to their safety and effectiveness.

As the sound of a gunshot radiates, it hits a number of SST’s acoustic sensors at slightly different times, and data then travels from each sensor to their data center. 

shotspotter_stat_3_story

Data from each incident is reviewed at SST’s Real Time Incident Review Center, 24x7, and then the time and precise location of the gunshot is communicated to law enforcement officials who are armed with needed information and can respond more effectively, efficiently, and safely.

All of this takes less than one minute.

The connection between each ShotSpotter sensor and SST’s Real Time Incident Review Center is a connection over our M2M network. 

For more information on ShotSpotter, check out our Annual Report.

« View More »
shotspotter_1_story
shotspotter_2_story
shotspotter_3_story
shotspotter_4_story
shotspotter_5_story