Another night, and another record for data usage from baseball fans, who took to their smartphones in record-setting numbers in Game 4 at Busch Stadium—tweeting, texting, surfing the Web and more.
AT&T operates a Distributed Antenna System, or DAS, inside the ballpark to keep customers connected during every game. Here are some of the cool metrics outlining our network performance from last night’s game:
- AT&T data usage on our in-stadium network during Game 4 was more than 196 GB (gigabytes). The previous record occurred during Game 3, and was 195 GB.
- 196 GB of data is equal to more than 560,000 social media posts with photos or more than 6,560 hours of streaming music.
- AT&T fans made more than 17,640 voice calls and sent more than 67,390 SMS text messages last night on our in-stadium network
- The peak hour for data traffic on our in-stadium network was from 8–9 p.m. CST when data usage was nearly 40 GB (gigabytes).
- Fans downloaded 123 GB of data, while uploading 73 GB of data on the AT&T in-stadium network.