Keeping You and Team USA Connected During the Olympic Winter Games
Tune into all the NBCUniversal coverage from Sochi across multiple devices.
For the 9th consecutive time, NBCUniversal has selected AT&T* to provide the networking services to support the delivery of its Olympics coverage across multiple devices during the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, February 6-23, 2014.
NBCUniversal will use an array of AT&T networking solutions to deliver high-definition coverage of the Sochi Olympic Winter Games. These services will support high-definition video feeds and allow viewers in the United States to enjoy a reliable, high-quality viewing experience of the Sochi Winter Games.
“When people watch the Olympic Games, they increasingly do so from multiple screens – a smartphone, tablet, computer and the traditional television screen,” said Robert Kiraly, Director of Broadcast and Telecommunications Operations, NBC Olympics, Inc. “AT&T supports the networking services we need to ensure our viewers will have the best experience possible, no matter their screen preference.”
Members of Team USA will also have an easier time navigating Olympic and Paralympic events in Sochi with a new Team USA Guide app developed by AT&T.*
The United States Olympic Committee (USOC) will launch the custom-built application just ahead of the 2014 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi in an effort to help athletes, coaches and Team USA delegation members to communicate with each other during the games.
The key components of the app include:
- Calendar Updates – Provides information on dates and times of each event as well as venue or time changes.
- Logistics – Provides transportation schedules and updates
- Maps – Provides maps of the Olympic and Paralympic Venues, Villages and the surrounding area.
- Communicate – Facilitates notifications from the USOC to members of the delegation.
- Information – Provides a quick reference and resource guide - including the athlete handbook, policies and procedures, and general information for Team USA delegation friends and family members.
Read how AT&T will help to deliver NBCUniversal’s 2014 Olympic Winter Games coverage and learn more about the custom built app to help Team USA navigate the grounds in Sochi.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.