On Wednesday, 10/30, fans at Qualcomm Stadium watching the Mexican National Team vs. Finland match shared photos, tweeted, and sent texts in huge numbers.
Here are some of the metrics from AT&T’s Distributed Antenna System, or DAS, inside the stadium during this match
- AT&T data usage on our in-stadium network during the match was more than 81 GB (gigabytes).
- 81 GB of data is equal to more than 231,660 social media posts with photos or nearly 2,700 hours of streaming music.
- AT&T fans made more than 12,875 voice calls and sent more than 17,450 SMS text messages from the match on our in-stadium network
- The peak hour for data traffic on our in-stadium network was from 8–9 p.m. PST on 10/30 when data usage was more than 41 GB (gigabytes).
- Fans downloaded more than 50 GB of data, while uploading more than 30 GB of data on the AT&T in-stadium network.