The Arrival of the AT&T LTE-M Button
AT&T launches the LTE-M Button powered by Amazon Web Services which offers customers 1-click service that will save both time and money.
By Shiraz Hasan, vice president of AT&T Internet of Things Solutions
The button has landed.
We launched the AT&T LTE-M Button. It offers endless possibilities for businesses to save time, money and improve customer convenience and satisfaction through the Internet of Things.
AWS IoT 1-Click service seamlessly connects the button to our nationwide LTE-M network. And it triggers a host of actions at the push of a button. Just a few of the possibilities:
- Instant customer feedback at hotel conference rooms, airports and sports venues.
- Mobile suppliers on the go can place orders from wherever they are.
- Products delivered to your front door at the touch of a button.
- Get automatic alerts from buttons attached to connected trash cans or oil storage containers when it’s time for a pickup.
- The button can be a “virtual concierge” for seniors to check in with caregivers on health status and call for medication – all in the comfort of their own home.
The possibilities go on and on.
And no need to rely on Wi Fi or Bluetooth – it’s ready for use right out of the box.
That means orders for tools and supplies can be placed from a job site where there is no Wi-Fi coverage. And there is no need to connect separately to a hodge-podge of Wi-Fi networks with passwords.
Our nationwide LTE-M network offers extended battery life, improved coverage in hard-to-reach places, like underground or deep inside buildings, and carrier-grade security.
The AT&T LTE-M Button is available now on AT&T’s IoT Marketplace
For more information about AT&T IoT services and support, go to att.com/iot.
Read more about the AT&T LTE-M Button here.