AT&T Announces Preliminary Results of 2014 Annual Meeting
Columbus, Ga., April 25, 2014 — At its annual meeting of stockholders today, AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) announced that each of the 13 nominees were reelected to the company’s board of directors for one-year terms, with each member receiving at least 95.8 percent of the shares voted. The board members are:
- Randall L. Stephenson
- Reuben V. Anderson
- Jaime Chico Pardo
- Scott T. Ford
- James P. Kelly
- Jon C. Madonna
- Michael B. McCallister
- John B. McCoy
- Beth E. Mooney
- Joyce M. Roché
- Matthew K. Rose
- Cynthia B. Taylor
- Laura D'Andrea Tyson
Additionally, AT&T stockholders voted to approve the following items proposed by the board of directors:
- The appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as the company’s independent auditor, with 98.5 percent of shares cast in favor and 1.5 percent cast against.
- In an advisory vote, the compensation of AT&T’s executive officers as described in the 2014 proxy statement, with 93.7 percent of shares cast in favor and 6.3 percent cast against.
- The AT&T Severance Policy, with 95.1 percent of shares cast in favor and 4.9 percent cast against.
The following proposals from stockholders were also voted on:
- A proposal asking AT&T to issue a semi-annual report on expenditures for political purposes was defeated by a vote of 75.4 percent against to 24.6 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T issue an annual report on lobbying was defeated by a vote of 75.1 percent against to 24.9 percent in favor.
- A proposal asking that AT&T reduce the level of approval required to allow stockholders to act by written consent was defeated by a vote of 59.2 percent against to 40.8 percent in favor.
Click here to see final 2014 voting results.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Reliability claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. 4G LTE availability varies.