Want More for Your Smart Home Thing? We’ve Got What You Need, and Our Fastest Internet Service to Keep It Connected
A smart home is only truly smart if it works seamlessly to keep you connected. If you’re spending more time troubleshooting than you are enjoying the benefits of today’s tech, then you’re missing the point (and the fun).
At AT&T, we also know that gadgets are only part of the equation. If you don’t have the seamless internet connection to back it up, what’s the point? Your cameras need to connect to the cloud to record all the action (buffering won’t catch the bad guys) and give you full control of every smart plug, thermostat and speaker.
After working through my own smart home technology pain points, I made it part of my mission to give our customers the best of everything in one place – the best products, the best connections, and the smartest homes.
From smart lightbulbs to voice assistants, cameras, and security, we’re here to make it all work even better together on our fastest internet connection.1 Our Smart Wi-Fi Extender2 boosts your coverage by up to 1,000 sq. ft. and reduces network congestion. It also automatically selects the best and fastest available connection for each of your in-home devices. All at an amazing price. Check it out on our e-store, here.
Whether you want faster speeds, sleeker products, or tighter security, we’ve got your thing. We’ve even sweetened the deal:
Customers that upgrade to our fastest broadband speeds get 2 free AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extenders included in their package.3
We also make it easy for you to control your home internet network with the AT&T Smart Home Manager4 app, which does all the work to make spotty coverage a thing of the past. You can control which devices and who’s on your network from virtually anywhere while everyone streams, downloads, surfs, and works all at once, worry free.5
We want to give you the best experience possible, so we didn’t stop here. Here’s a look at some of the new Smart Home Manager features we’re rolling out this summer:
- Block Controls: You’ll be able to protect your network from unwanted traffic by controlling which devices can use it, and when.
- Wi-Fi Usage by Device: View devices connected to your network and see how much data is being used by each one.
- Network Health Check: See how your Wi-Fi gateway and connected devices are performing and receive recommendations on how to fix identified issues.
- Network Outage Alerts: Find out if you're experiencing a network outage with a few easy steps.
- Want more? Watch this short video on all the great things Smart Home Manager can do for you.
Keeping You Connected
The point of a connected home is for everything to work smoothly – no dead zones, no competing signals, and no error codes when you need it most. Convenience is key. Whatever your thing – AT&T keeps you connected. So, don’t mess around when it comes to taking your home into the next century. Upgrade your internet to get more for your Smart Home thing!
1. Initial availability limited to select areas. May not be available in your area. Go to https://www.att.com/internet/ to see if you qualify.
2. Smart Wi-Fi Extender is a Wi-Fi signal extender designed for use with a BGW or 5268 Wi-Fi Gateway. Requires a separate purchase
3.Wi-Fi Extender Offer ends 6/28/18. Available to new and existing residential AT&T Internet residential customers who purchase or upgrade to Internet 1000. Residents of select multi-dwelling units are not eligible. Visit att.com/internet/fiber.html for details.
4. AT&T Smart Home Manager is available to AT&T Internet service customers with a compatible AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway. Limited to home Wi-Fi network.
5. AT&T Smart Wi-Fi requires installation of a BGW210, 5268AC, or NVG599 Wi-Fi Gateway. Standard with Internet plans (12M or higher), subject to availability.
Stephen Vincent, Assistant Vice President – Wired Voice and Broadband Products