AT&T Named One of America’s Most JUST Companies
AT&T named one of America’s most JUST companies for fourth year in a row
For the fourth year in a row, AT&T has earned a place among America’s Most JUST Companies, according to the JUST 100 rankings from JUST Capital and Forbes. The company ranked 23 on the overall list.
The JUST 100 list is based on one of the most comprehensive surveys conducted on public attitudes toward corporate behavior.
This year, AT&T received high marks for our commitment to our communities, our shareholders and our employees. Those efforts include:
- AT&T Believes, a company-wide, localized effort to harness our employees’ commitment to their community, support it with company resources and join with nonprofit organizations to make an even bigger impact on local communities and society at large.
- 1.5 million hours of employee volunteerism in 2018 and more than $31M in employee giving to over 30,000 nonprofit organizations across the country and around the globe.
- A strong work/life balance culture and high quality benefits, like paid time off.
- Our commitment to hire 20,000 veterans by 2020, a goal we’ve reached ahead of schedule.
We believe AT&T’s success is tied to the strength of our people and communities, and we’ll continue to further our efforts to reflect our values and mission to inspire human progress through things like:
- Showing our commitment to our stakeholders – including employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers and communities – through our everyday business practices and actions.
- Expanding our commitment to the environment by announcing deals that will support new wind and solar energy projects.
- Delivering on our promise to hire 20,000 U.S. veterans and veteran family members.
- Encouraging our employees to participate in acts of service to make a difference in their community.
*AT&T utilizes the 90% threshold standard for "zero waste" as defined by the Zero Waste International Alliance.