Registration is Now Open for AT&T Summer Learning Academy
AT&T Summer Learning Academy is back – and registration is now open
For the second summer in a row, AT&T is offering its free, online learning “externship” to students across the globe.
The Summer Learning Academy is part of our commitment to address skills gaps and provide access to education and exposure to experts in the fields of business, communication and personal development. Previously designed for college students, we’re expanding the opportunity to high schoolers. The formal program runs from July 12-23. Students will have additional time to complete the coursework at their own pace.
Starting today, interested students are encouraged to register.
About this year’s program
Powered by our award-winning AT&T University curriculum, the 80 hours of intensive programming is designed around 4 areas of focus: Personal Development, Business, Technology and Life at AT&T/WarnerMedia.
Programming will include interactive and engaging classes hosted by AT&T and WarnerMedia experts, exclusive access to WarnerMedia content and an opportunity to participate in a corporate social responsibility project.
Students will also experience dynamic external speakers, such as:
- Troy Aikman, NFL Hall of Famer
- Omar Johnson, Entrepreneur and Former CMO at Beats by Dre
- Cynthia “Cynt” Marshall, CEO of the Dallas Mavericks
- Dr. Ellen Ochoa, NASA Astronaut
- Matthew Luhn, Expert Storyteller and Former Pixar Animator
Check out all of our confirmed speakers here.
Those who complete the program receive a Credly virtual badge to share on their social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as on their resume.
2020 program highlights
More than 100 graduates of the program have joined AT&T as new hires or interns. Here’s what a few had to say about their experience:
- Danielle Evans, LABS intern (Newark, NJ) - I was surprised by how dedicated AT&T truly was to helping people like me. I enjoyed the live speakers, as they spoke of their own experiences of personal growth and what led them to the success and mindset they have today. I realized success isn’t always a straight line. What’s most important is to keep working toward your goals. The program covered a lot of areas, but I found myself most fascinated by the work AT&T is doing with 5G. It further cemented my decision to pursue computer engineering.
- Jose Valerio, Finance Development Program (Dallas) - I learned about the Summer Learning Academy through a friend’s post on LinkedIn and it seemed like a great opportunity to develop critical skills in a flexible format. I was really surprised by the practicality of some of the content taught in the program. The live presentations were the parts I enjoyed most. They made the experience feel very real and exciting. After completing the program, I came to realize how much of an industry leader AT&T is and how highly involved it is in our communities. And I found the values the company stands for aligned perfectly with what I value and believe.
- Eric Yang, Finance Development Program (Dallas) - The program showed me that AT&T was a great place to work with lots of opportunities and a very supportive culture to help you become your best. And I think what surprised me most was to learn the sheer scope of AT&T’s different businesses.
Students can get more highlights from the 2020 program and find answers to their questions on the program website.