Are You Keeping Your Data Secure?
Due to lack of knowledge, data security might be slipping off the priority list among small business owners, at a time when security threats are high.
Here are some quick tips you can offer your readers to keep their businesses safe.
Mobile Security Tips:
- Install mobile security software on any device accessing business data (including email)
- Turn on password protection for all mobile devices
- Employ remote wipe on lost or stolen devices
- Activate encryption features for data shared on mobile devices
- Only download apps from credible app stores
Online Security Tips:
- Ensure all business transactions are done over a secure network connection
- Install network firewall and VPN for remote access
- Make sure anti-virus software is up-to-date
- Implement encryption on servers, desktops, laptops & removable media
- Backup critical information and prepare a secure restoration procedure
So be sure to take these tips into consideration in order to safeguard your small business. And check out our 2014 AT&T-SBE Council Small Business Technology Poll and media kit for more information on the importance of security for small business owners.