AT&T First to Deliver Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 Devices
AT&T customers with Windows Phone devices will once again be the first to receive Windows Phone 8.1 – now available for Nokia Lumia 820 and Nokia Lumia 920 smartphones.
AT&T began rolling out the software update for Nokia Lumia devices beginning on July 24 with the Nokia Lumia 1520. This was soon followed with Windows Phone 8.1 for the Nokia Lumia 925, Nokia Lumia 520, and Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphones.
Windows Phone 8.1 for the Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 enables you to keep your favorite apps and people at the tip of your fingers with the info that matters most right at the surface. Keep your Xbox games, videos and music with you no matter where you go.
Want to add a little personality to your pocket? Cortana, a personal virtual assistant built around you, is the only smartphone assistant who can set reminders by people, in addition to time or location. For instance, she can remind you to set the thermostat before you leave for work or remind you to pay your fantasy football dues the next time your league commissioner sends an email.
Windows Phone 8.1also brings new enhancements in:
- Personalization – Live Tiles with multiple sizes, transparency, and color options let you pin apps, music and people to your Start Screen so you choose the information you want to be displayed in the way you want to see it.
- One Windows – With OneDrive, Skype, Office and Bing, the Windows experience is reinvented across all your screens—phones, tablets, PCs and Xbox—so you can shoot, share, work and play on the go.
- Xbox – With Xbox games, music and video in your pocket, you’ll have entertainment options on-the-go.
- Efficiency – Windows Phone is optimized to help you do more, with the new Word Flow keyboard, Action Center for managing notifications and quick actions, and a new suite of device and data management tools.
- Word Flow keyboard with shape writing – The updated Word Flow keyboard with Windows Phone 8.1 knows your contacts, learns your phrases and has shape writing integrated right in so there’s no need for a separate app.
For more information on the Windows Phone 8.1 update, check out this Mobile Minute.
Here’s how to download the Windows Phone 8.1 software update for your AT&T Nokia Lumia 820 and 920:
- For a successful install, we recommend your phone’s battery is at least a 50 percent charged.
- To begin the download you can click the Settings Live Tile > then tap Phone Update. You will then be prompted to download the update and restart your phone.
For more information please visit www.att.com/softwareupdates.
View this post on the Consumer blog.