AT&T to Offer a Year of Data For $40 with Timex® Ironman® One GPS+
For the fitness enthusiast, it’s important to have a GPS watch that will monitor pace, distance, and time. The TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ goes beyond what other GPS watches provide, and offers athletes a variety of safety and communication features on AT&T’s network. After the initial year of service included with the purchase of a TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+, you will only pay $40 for the second year of data and messaging. Additionally, we will allow customers in the future to simply add a watch to their mobile share account, with no additional contract or agreement. You can simply share your data with your watch for a simple, fair price. The TIMEX IRONMAN ONE GPS will be available later this year and is currently available to pre-order for $399 on www.timex.com.
Through AT&T’s network, you can stay in touch with friends and family, without having to carry around your smartphone. The smartwatch’s tracking capabilities allows you to send your location to a pre-determined list of contacts through a customized schedule. Additionally, the “Find Me Mode” sends an alert with your exact location in case of an emergency. Other features on the watch include:
- Stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone
- Email-based messaging capabilities
- Ability to track speed, distance and pace in real-time and instantaneously share performance metrics through your favorite social media and online fitness platforms
- Water resistance up to 50 meters, an essential feature for water exposure, training in the rain or swimming
- Built-in MP3 music component with 4 GB of memory to play music via a Bluetooth headset
- Always-on, sunlight-readable, high-resolution Qualcomm® Mirasol™ touchscreen display
TIMEX® IRONMAN® ONE GPS+ has been developed in close collaboration with Qualcomm Connected Experiences, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, a leader in mobile technology, and leading mobile service provider AT&T. Products from several Qualcomm companies and AT&T were used to provide mobility, connectivity and display technologies to create game-changing features.