Expanded Coverage of the Australian Open on DIRECTV
AT&T has teamed up with ESPN and Tennis channel to offer tennis fans multiple ways to enjoy the first grand slam event of the year. The Australian Open Experience on DIRECTV begins Jan. 15. Our Mix channel displays up to six matches on six court channels at once. A ticker at the bottom of the Mix screen shows you real-time scores, commentary and messages.
The Mix channel will be available over the first seven days of the tournament: Jan. 15-21. The Interactive app will be available from Jan. 15-31. Watch the Mix on channel 701, broadcast court on channel 702 and specialty court on channels 703-707.
In addition, viewers can access a variety of interactive features alongside the broadcast video on any of the bonus channels.* Interactive features include:
- My Players: You can tag your favorite players to see their bio information, match schedule and results.
- Player Bio: Access to player bios, scorecards or add a player to your favorites list.
- Match Schedule: You get a convenient view of the score of the current match on each court channel. You can also browse the current “On Now” and “Upcoming” televised matches, and at the press of a button, tune directly to that channel.
- Recent Results: You’ll see real-time scoring of in-progress, completed, and upcoming singles matches from the day before and current play. Completed matches will also include the winner’s next opponent (or possible opponents), as well as day and time of that upcoming match.
- Complete Men’s & Women’s tournament draw: See the complete tournament draw, from first round to final, with scores.
*For the Mix channel, each channel in the Mix will automatically enlarge as matches conclude to give you a full viewing experience. It’s all in HD and compliments of DIRECTV.