Three Cheers for Game 3
Baseball fans took to their smartphones in record-setting numbers in Game 3 at Busch Stadium—tweeting, texting, surfing the Web and more while rooting the Cardinals on to a victory.
AT&T operates a Distributed Antenna System, or DAS, inside the ballpark to keep customers connected during every game. Here are some of the cool metrics outlining our network performance from last night’s game:
- AT&T data usage on our in-stadium network during Game 3 was 195 GB (gigabytes). This is an increase of 6.5% compared to the NLDS Game 5 and it sets a record for data usage in Busch Stadium.
- 195 GB of data is equal to more than 557,000 social media posts with photos or more than 6,400 hours of streaming video.
- AT&T fans made more than 20,130 voice calls and sent more than 75,620 SMS text messages last night on our in-stadium network
- The peak hour for data traffic on our in-stadium network was from 9–10 p.m. CST when data usage was 40 GB (gigabytes).
- Fans downloaded 126 GB, while uploading 69 GB on the AT&T in-stadium network.