Nepal Relief Efforts
AT&T is implementing international calling and texting relief efforts for its U.S. wireless and wireline customers trying to connect with loved ones in Nepal, following the recent devastating earthquake.
AT&T will not charge customers for text messages or International long distance usage from AT&T phones from the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to Nepal from April 25, 2015 through May 31, 2015 – it is our hope that family members can quickly connect with loved ones in the region as soon as possible.
This applies to all calls and texts placed by AT&T postpaid and GoPhone prepaid wireless customers, as well as any direct dial calls made by our wireline and U-verse voice customers between April 25, 2015 and May 31, 2015.
Customers looking to provide assistance to those in need can text-to-donate to the organizations below. Donations sent via text-to-donate are added to a customers’ monthly wireless bill.
- UNICEF: text “NEPAL” to 864233 to make a $10 donation
- Save the Children: text “NEPAL” to 20222 to make a $10 donation
- World Vision: text “NEPAL” to 777444 to make a $10 donation
- HOPE Worldwide: text “HOPEWW” to 80077 to make a $10 donation
- Operation USA: text “AID” to 50555 to make a $10 donation
- World Food Program USA: text “AID” to 27722 to make a $10 donation
- Global Giving: text “GIVE NEPAL” to 80088 to make a $10 donation