Registration Now Open for AT&T SHAPE, a Tech and Entertainment Expo
Registration is now live for AT&T SHAPE, a tech and entertainment expo.
AT&T SHAPE attendees will explore new, immersive experiences as the entertainment and technology industries collide. Creators, developers, tech professionals and enthusiasts will learn from visionary speakers and engage with interactive demos. They’ll gain insights into the future of virtual and augmented reality, interactive video, emerging technologies, next-generation advertising and engaging storytelling.
The expo will start the afternoon of July 14 and run throughout the day on July 15, at Warner Bros. Studios in Los Angeles.
“Technology is disrupting the creative process. Mobile is changing how we develop and interact with entertainment. And no one is more excited about this evolution than we are,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Entertainment Group. “AT&T SHAPE is about bringing the top talent and innovative thinkers into one place where professionals and amateurs can stretch their imaginations and hone their craft.”
Guests can look forward to immersive and hands-on experiences, including:
- Luminary speakers and industry insiders. Featured speakers include Kathryn Bigelow, Gerd Leonhard, Lance Weiler, Dr. Beau Lotto, Marco Tempest, Tobias Weber, Andrew Keen, and AT&T’s John Stankey, John Donovan, Dan York and Fiona Carter.
- AT&T Entertainment Project. 1,000 contestants have submitted a short film through this innovative creator competition. Contestants are competing for up to $48K in cash prizes. Finalists will be determined before the event and a winner chosen on stage at the event, with their original story potentially airing on AT&T’s AUDIENCE® Network at a later date.1
- AT&T Creator Camp. Kids from 8-14 years old can scratch their creative itch as they learn about video and film production. Mentors will help guide kids in multiple hands-on activities like stop-motion animation, storyboarding, storytelling, film editing and visual effects.
- Hackathon. Developers can participate in the SHAPE Hackathon on July 7-8. Finalists will demo their solutions at SHAPE, competing to win more than $40K in prizes.2
- AT&T Create-a-thon. Creators can use select Warner Bros. Studios cityscapes and backlots to shoot their short films, and will compete to win more than $40K in prizes.3
- Engaging exhibits that give you a glimpse into the future and explore the magic of virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality, as well as the future of mobile connectivity over 5G. See how entertainment tech will revolutionize content creation. You’ll be among the first to witness some of the latest technology trends poised to go mainstream.
Attendees can also tour Warner Bros. Studios’ outdoor sets and soundstages to get up-close looks at props and costumes from iconic films.
Registration and additional details about the expo at available on shape.att.com.
1 Subject to Official Rules, available at https://shape.att.com/static-assets/documents/ATT-Entertainment-Project-Official-Rules.pdf.
2 No purchase necessary. Open to US residents of majority age. Enter by 7/8/17. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules.
3 No purchase necessary. Open to US residents of majority age. Enter by 6/14/17. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, business, mobile and high speed internet services. We offer the nation’s best data network** and the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider. We’re one of the world’s largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. Nearly 3.5 million companies, from small to large businesses around the globe, turn to AT&T for our highly secure smart solutions.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand name and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Claim based on the Nielsen Certified Data Network Score. Score includes data reported by wireless consumers in the Nielsen Mobile Insights survey, network measurements from Nielsen Mobile Performance and Nielsen Drive Test Benchmarks for Q3+Q4 2016 across 121 markets.