AT&T Waiving Overage Charges for Those Affected by Tornadoes in Louisiana
To help customers displaced and impacted by recent tornadoes in parts of Louisiana, AT&T1 is waiving data overage charges for customers in affected areas.2
To support the Red Cross relief efforts text TORNADO to 90999 to make a $10 donation.3
We know that whether you’ve evacuated to a safer place or are trying to stay connected to loved ones, you’re probably using your phone more and we want to help.
Here are the details:
- Talk, text and data usage from Feb. 7 to 9 will not result in overage charges for post-paid customers in affected areas.
- For AT&T GoPhone customers in affected areas, we’ll extend their payment date for voice and text service from Feb. 7 through Feb. 9.
- Qualifying power accessories sold at AT&T company stores in affected areas will be available for 25% off.
(If charges appear on your bill, they will be credited in the one to follow)
This applies to residents with billing zip codes in the following affected areas: New Orleans East, Jefferson Parish, Tangipahoa Parish and Sunshine Bridge.
- Text messaging. During an emergency, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls because they require fewer network resources. Nearly all of AT&T wireless devices are text capable. Depending on your text or data plan, additional charges may apply.
- Be prepared for high call volume. During an emergency, many people are trying to use their phones at the same time. This may congest the network, leading to “fast busy” signals on your wireless phone or a slow dial tone on your landline phone. If this happens, hang up, wait several seconds and then try the call again. This allows your original call data to clear the network before you try again.
- Keep non-emergency calls to a minimum. Limit your calls to the most important ones. Chances are many people will try to calls to loved ones, friends and business associates.
AT&T Customers with questions about their home internet, voice or TV service can contact us at 1.800.288.2020.
1 AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
2 Customer location and usage waiver will be based on account billing address. Charges will be waived for customers with an account billing address in one of the following zip codes; 70126, 70127, 70128, 70129, 70346, 70401, 70402, 70403, 70404 or 70462.