Emerging technologies are innovating our education system and transforming classrooms. Learn how AT&T is improving innovation in education and bringing emerging technologies into schools.
AT&T has a long and rich history of supporting the mission and cause of education. Whether in philanthropic efforts (like AT&T Aspire), our network or portfolio of devices, we work with educational institutions to enhance today's classroom experience. We invest in education because we need a smart, skilled workforce to be successful in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
AT&T provides innovative technology solutions that enhance the delivery and administration of K-12 education including mobile and distance learning, professional development, and data management. We deliver highly secure, high-speed access to 21st century teaching and learning applications over one of the world's most advanced and powerful global backbone networks.
AT&T is a trusted technology provider to higher education institutions. We offer innovative and cost-effective technology solutions that can help drive student achievement and faculty effectiveness. From eLearning to campus-wide wireless access to paperless operations, AT&T has the experience, expertise, and solutions to help you achieve your organization's goals to engage and prepare students for this innovation-driven economy.
AT&T Education Announcements
Mobile learning solutions from AT&T can open up a world of knowledge - and possibilities. Just think of how technology is shaping the 21st century classroom: From netbooks and smartphones to digital textbooks and interactive learning tools, all transforming the teacher-student model into a dynamic that fosters discovery and collaboration.
- AT&T helped Indiana State University launch a mobile portal for students and staff to access information about the university, from any type of smartphone or tablet.
Day to day life for University students is more than classes and homework. There are a variety of ways to engage with the campus, faculty, administration, and the community. AT&T can provide solutions that are flexible, mobile, and powerful. We have applications that are designed to keep everyone connected.
- Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T enables faculty, students, staff and other members of campus communities, at schools like Oklahoma Christian University to send messages to and from a variety of different devices in a simple and cost-effective manner.
- Students at Rockhurst University in Kansas City now have mobile access to course portals, social media capabilities with class directories, GPS-enabled maps and the latest in Hawk sports and events with the new AT&T Campus Guide. The AT&T Campus Guide app, which users can download for free, works with any service provider and on most major mobile operating systems.
Schools can help improve student safety and enhance operational efficiency with GPS Tracking Solutions for School Buses from AT&T. Our customizable solution can help school districts simplify and optimize route management, reduce maintenance expenditures, and monitor student drop-off and pick-up times.
- Station Wagon Service, Inc. is a bus company that focuses on transporting students to and from schools in northern New Jersey. By implementing a Fleet management solution running on the AT&T mobile broadband network, they are providing near real-time location of vehicles which helped to improve passenger safety, increase driver accountability, and reduce costs and competitive advantage.
The Aspire Accelerator works with organizations that use technology to help students succeed, strengthen schools and communities, or prepare learners for employment. The Aspire Accelerator will connect you with the resources, services, expertise, and relationships they need to drive exponential change in how we learn. Are you on a mission to use technology to enhance learning and help every student achieve a bright, successful future? Learn more at: att.com/aspireaccelerator.
Safety and Emergency Management
Being prepared for disasters or crisis situations is a critical element to any campus safety official's responsibilities.
- In order to secure students, staff and facilities and to coordinate with university officials and other first responders, it is essential to have access to voice and data communication networks. AT&T now offers AT&T Remote Mobility Zone - a solution that allows colleges and universities to deploy backup networks for cellular traffic in a loss-of-connectivity situation.
- Rave Guardian from AT&T is a mobile safety application which enhances students, faculty, and staff's safety around campus. Users can directly link to campus safety organizations and use their mobile phone as a personal safety device in either an active or passive mode.
- The AT&T Learning Continuity Handbook was created with the assistance of education experts on the federal, state and local levels to provide insight for school administrators and leaders who want to prepare for a long-term crisis. It also includes a Learning Continuity Checklist.
At AT&T, we are using the power of our network to build a better tomorrow. Our signature philanthropic initiative AT&T Aspire drives innovation in education – through technology, social innovation and relationships – to ensure all students have the skills they need to succeed in school and beyond.
Through Aspire, we are:
- Investing in innovative education organizations, tools and solutions
- Engaging our employees through student mentoring
- Employing technology and capabilities that are unique to AT&T
Since launching in 2008, we’ve impacted more than 1 million students in all 50 states and built efficacy for over 1,000 high performing organizations. AT&T Aspire invests in students today — at home, in the classroom, at work — to prepare them for success tomorrow. To learn more, visit att.com/aspire.
- CBS News: Public schools in Fresno, Calif., to provide tablet computers to students
- School Transportation News: Mobile Resource Management Solutions
- Information Week: Parents press for more mobile tech in education
- Tech & Learning: Mobile learning pilot results; mobile approach enhances learning
- EdTech Times: AT&T Helps School Districts Meet Bandwidth Surge For K-12 CCSS
- Scholastic Administrator: Mobile Impact (MDM for K-12)
- Scholastic Administrator: Stepping Up to Cloud
- University Business: There's an app for that
- eCampus News: Mobile apps make college sporting venues more like home
- Converge Magazine: Abilene Christian U Supports Teachers Through Digital Learning Institute
- Converge Magazine: Mississippi Plans Broadband Network for 4 Research Universities
- Baltimore Sun: Campus security: There's an app for that