You have choices about how your information is collected and used, both by AT&T and by other companies. That includes "opting out" of some programs, setting privacy preferences, and unsubscribing from certain kinds of emails or letters. We've listed your choices below.
- Relevant Advertising from AT&T: You can opt-out of Relevant Advertising delivered by AT&T by going to Manage Your Privacy Choices.
- Online Behavioral Advertising: Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated from your visits over time and across different websites is sometimes called "online behavioral" or "interest-based" advertising. In accordance with industry self-regulatory principles, you can opt out of online behavioral advertising from companies who participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance by going to their Consumer Choice Page or clicking on this icon when you see it on an online ad. You can opt out of online behavioral advertising from other companies who have joined an association called the Network Advertising Initiative.
- Information about Cookies and Similar Technologies: To limit collection of data on web sites that may be used for advertising, see the Definitions for information on how to manage cookies and other similar technologies on your computer.
- Advertising on att.net: You can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising when using our att.net portal services powered by Synacor. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on att.net from Yahoo! This covers att.net email and also the Yahoo! portal that is being retired.
- Advertising Offers from Apps and Loyalty Programs: In some cases you may agree to participate in advertising offers or programs through loyalty programs, when you download a mobile app, or other similar programs. For example, if you have the DIRECTV app, you can find out more about your choices concerning how your DIRECTV viewing information is used and shared here.
Please keep in mind that in some cases, your choice will be linked to the specific phone, computer or web browser you're using, because that's how we know it's you. You’ll need to perform the opt out procedure again if you opt out of a program or service and then change computers or Web browsers, or clear or erase the digital "cookie" that lets us know you opted out.
External Marketing & Analytics Reports
- You can choose to exclude your anonymous information from our External Marketing & Analytics and similar reports by going to manage your privacy choices.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
- Go to CPNI Opt-Out, or go to https://www.wireless.att.com/ecpni/ for more information about CPNI and your choices about our use of that information for marketing purposes.
DNS Error Assist
- When you mistype a web address, or the address is not working, DNS Error Assist provides an automated list of similar pages – such as possibly the one you meant to type – for your consideration. The service is provided on your AT&T residential broadband connection, and you can opt-out by managing your privacy choices. You will get a standard “no results found” error message instead of the error-assist page.
Marketing and Other Communications Choices
- AT&T Marketing E-Mails: You can opt-out of marketing emails by using email unsubscribe.
- Postal Mail: To review our Residential Do Not Mail Policy Statement and to limit postal mail solicitations, visit AT&T Consumer Marketing. You will still receive billing statements, legal notices, product updates and other similar correspondence, and you may still receive some promotional mailings.
- Consumer Telemarketing: Ask to be removed from our consumer telemarketing lists by contacting us at one of the numbers listed here, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You also can ask the AT&T representative to remove you from our telemarketing lists when you receive a marketing or promotional call from us.
- Do Not Call: The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov, and your state may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our telemarketing calls to that number.
- Automated Calls or Messages: In some cases, we will ask for your permission to send you automated calls or messages to your mobile phone. To opt out of these calls or messages from AT&T, please go to Manage Your Privacy Choices. As required or allowed by law, even if you opt out, AT&T may continue to contact you with automated calls or messages at the telephone number issued by us for certain important informational messages about your service. For example, we may need to let you know about a problem with your wireless service.
Based on your permission, we may share your mobile device location or other mobile subscriber information with third parties when you use Third-Party Services, such as to prevent fraud when making a bank transaction. If you want to change that permission, you can opt out directly with the third party or you can opt out by going to Manage Your Privacy Choices.
Opt-Outs for Analytics Services
We may use services provided by analytics companies to obtain information about website performance and how you use our mobile applications and other products and services. We will provide links and other information related to the opt-outs that some of those providers make available to you.
- AT&T uses applications provided by Flurry and Crittercism to obtain information about how our U-verse App for tablet and smartphone is used on customer wireless devices. Flurry and Crittercism are enabled by software embedded in the U-verse App that transmits information to their respective servers for analysis and reporting.'
- AT&T uses Tapad to establish connections between a user’s devices and to provide behavioral targeting across devices. Tapad uses industry standard identifiers for each specific device (cookies, Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA), etc.) Cross-device connections allow AT&T to understand that a single user is accessing AT&T services from multiple devices, and to synchronize content and advertising messages across those devices. To opt out of Tapad Please visit AT&T’s AdChoices on your PC or mobile device or http://www.tapad.com/privacy/ to opt out of Tapad’s Device GraphTM and learn more about how Tapad collects and uses data. If you opt-out of Tapad's Device GraphTM with a specific device, that device will no longer be associated with other devices for AT&T or any other Tapad client.
- AT&T uses Drawbridge to establish connections between a user’s devices and to provide behavioral targeting across devices. Drawbridge uses industry standard identifiers for each specific device (cookies, IDFA, etc.) Cross-device connections allow AT&T to understand that a single user is accessing AT&T services from multiple devices, and to synchronize content and advertising messages across those devices. To opt out of Drawbridge Please visit AT&T’s AdChoices on your PC or mobile device or http://www.drawbrid.ge/optoutstart to opt out of Drawbridge and learn more about how Drawbridge collects and uses data. You can also opt out through the AdChoices icon within the ad itself. If you opt-out of Drawbridge with a specific device, that device will no longer be associated with other devices for AT&T or any other Drawbridge client.
DIRECTV Puerto Rico
If you are a DIRECTV customer in Puerto Rico, you can exercise and manage your choices by visiting https://www.directvpr.com/Midirectv/ingresar or by calling 787-776-5252.
What is CPNI?
“CPNI” is information about your phone service from us. Your phone service could be a cell phone or any sort of home or business phone. The “information” is things like what kind of services you have, how you use them, or billing information. (Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.)
How is CPNI Used and Disclosed?
We do not sell, trade or share your CPNI with anyone outside of the AT&T family of companies* or our authorized agents, unless required by law (example: a court order).
We do use your CPNI internally, however. We may share information about our customers among the AT&T companies and our agents in order to offer you new or enhanced services. For example, we might offer a discount or promotion for Internet or TV services based on your CPNI.
How may I limit the use of my CPNI?
AT&T uses technology and security features, and strict policy guidelines with ourselves and our agents, to safeguard the privacy of CPNI. It is your right and our duty under federal law to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI.
If you don’t want AT&T to use your CPNI internally for things like offers, here is what you can do:
You can “opt out” online, at att.com/ecpnioptout, or
You can call 800.315.8303, any time of day, and follow the prompts, or
You can speak to a service representative at 800.288.2020 (consumer) or 800.321.2000 (business).
For languages other than English and Spanish, please visit world.att.com.
If you choose to restrict our use of your CPNI, it won’t affect any of your services. You can change your mind at any time about allowing (or not allowing) us to use your CPNI, and we’ll honor your decision until you change it again. If you do restrict your CPNI use, you may still get marketing from us, but it won’t be from using CPNI.
* The AT&T Family of Companies are those companies that provide voice, video and broadband-related products and/or services domestically and internationally, including the AT&T local and long distance companies, AT&T Corp., AT&T Mobility, DIRECTV, and other subsidiaries or affiliates of AT&T Inc. that provide, design, market, or sell these products and/or services.
Wireless - 1-800-331-0500
Business - 1-800-321-2000
Residential - 1-800-288-2020
Spanish Language - 1-800-870-5855
Satellite TV Services - 1-800-DIRECTV or 1-800-531-5000
For assistance in other languages, please visit world.att.com.
Legacy AT&T Consumer - 1-800-222-0300
Customers of the following AT&T family of companies may contact us directly using the following:
AT&T Internet Services - Customers can manage newsletter subscriptions or other e-mail communications from Yahoo! by modifying their AT&T Yahoo! Marketing Preferences.
We Want to Hear from You