AT&T Toggle Enhancements Deliver More Flexibility and Security for Businesses
DALLAS, July 8, 2014 – AT&T is making it easy for workers to carry just one smartphone. New enhancements to AT&T Toggle® give network administrators more control, employees more flexibility and organizations more security when preparing for a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) environment.
With the latest additions to AT&T Toggle, it’s even easier for administrators to manage their mobile environment with an improved user experience and new applications in the AT&T Toggle App Ecosystem. AT&T Toggle customers also benefit from AT&T Toggle Data packages available for use with AT&T Mobile Share and Mobile Share Value plans.
According to Gartner, “by 2020, 85% of organizations will adopt BYOD in some form.”1 Many employees prefer the ease of using their preferred device for both personal and professional use. One example of this is SleepMed, Inc., the largest private sleep diagnostics provider and the largest ambulatory EEG provider in the nation. Like many healthcare institutions, SleepMed, Inc. is moving to BYOD to reduce costs and increase productivity and convenience. The company is providing AT&T Toggle to its 1,000 SleepMed employees and has plans to expand to the 8,000 physicians in its network to meet a demand for smart connectivity.
“Using AT&T Toggle will allow our community to use their personal devices for work without compromising security – which is of the utmost importance in the healthcare industry. Our staff will be more mobile and connected,” said Sean Heyniger, chief executive officer, SleepMed, Inc. “As a result, they can improve workflow, and ultimately, patient experience and outcomes.”
Recent enhancements to AT&T Toggle include:
- AT&T Toggle App Ecosystem – AT&T Toggle App Ecosystem applications give organizations the flexibility and control of a self-managed solution by adding a layer of protection to applications on employee-owned devices. This access management helps businesses protect their network and provides employees a familiar and easy solution for sharing and storing information in the cloud.
- Box, a mobile application that businesses use to store, manage and share content on-the-go has been added to the AT&T Toggle App Ecosystem. Box wrapped in AT&T Toggle allows enterprises to securely access and collaborate around business content and enables IT admins to manage specific features of Box that address the specific needs of an organization.
- Seamless Transition - IT managers can allow employees to switch between the personal and work modes on their devices without entering a PIN code.
- Emergency Response – E911 emergency call “My Location” capability can now be set up on more than one device associated with the same AT&T Toggle Voice number. This helps 911 authorities identify a caller’s location at the time the call is placed so they can dispatch a nearby emergency response team.
- Secure Remote Access – AT&T Toggle delivers a highly-secure mobile workspace and is now certified under the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Publication 140-2. FIPS is a U.S government computer security standard used to test and validate product security. AT&T also added Juniper Networks® SA Series SSL VPN to the AT&T Toggle portfolio of highly-secure VPN providers. Customers now have more choices for scalable, customizable remote access and endpoint security.
- Network Security - AT&T Toggle’s network-based security features help protect enterprise data on employee-owned devices with VPN, providing a defense against mobile botnets and zero-day threats.
“Companies are switching to BYOD to balance the needs of the business and their employees. AT&T Toggle fulfills both,” said Mike Troiano, vice president, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. “Businesses and organizations save on the cost of issuing company-owned devices, while employees can use the smartphone or tablet they’re more comfortable with for both work and personal matters.”
AT&T Toggle is now available to business customers in more than 25 countries worldwide including Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Mexico, Argentina, and South Africa.**
A recent Forrester Research, Inc. report listed AT&T as a market leader in a competitive emerging BYOD landscape.2
For more information AT&T Toggle, visit http://www.att.com/toggle.
1Gartner, “Defining BYOD Ownership and Support Expectations in Contracts Ensures Successful Implementation.” (April 2014)
2The Forrester Wave, “Global BYOD Management Services, Q2 2014: Analysis Of 13 Top Integrators And Specialists Representing The Emerging BYOD Ecosystem And How They Stack Up.” Forrester Research, (June 2014)
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**AT&T Toggle is not available for downloading and/or use in all countries. Toggle Voice, Toggle Data and some other features of AT&T Toggle are not available for downloading and/or use outside the United States.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best global wireless coverage, based on offering roaming in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier, and offers the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://about.att.com or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2014 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.