April 7, 2020
AT&T Offers Added Relief for Customers
AT&T is planning to help you stay connected throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
We recognize that staying in touch with your family, friends, school and work has never been more important.
Below are a few ways we’re helping consumers, small businesses and enterprises across the country.
Consistent with FCC Chairman Pai’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” announced today and concerns raised by members of Congress, which we share, AT&T is proud to support our customers by pledging that, through May 13, 2020, we will:
- Not terminate the service of any postpaid wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer because of their inability to pay their bill due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Waive any late payment fees that any postpaid wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business, U-verse TV or DIRECTV customer may incur because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Waive domestic postpaid wireless plan overage charges for data, voice or text for residential or small business wireless customers incurred because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Keep our public Wi-Fi hotspots open for anyone who needs them.
The coronavirus pandemic is causing many hardships. If you find yourself in financial trouble and unable to pay your bill, we’re here to help you. To submit a waiver request please click here.
To provide further relief and support, AT&T announced:
- Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. We’ve expanded eligibility to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School Lunch Program and Head Start. Additionally, we’re offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service.
- AT&T World Connect Advantage – Business customers currently on or who purchase an AT&T World Connect Advantage package receive 50% off the current rate in a monthly bill credit (maximum $7.50/mo.).*
- Helping You Work and Learn Remotely – Businesses, universities and schools can keep their teams and classrooms connected through conference calls and videoconferencing with Cisco Webex Meetings with AT&T for 90-days, and seamlessly forward calls to both mobile and landline phones with AT&T IP Flexible Reach.
- Distance Learning – AT&T is underwriting expenses for a “one-stop” resource center to support eLearning Days from the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) available to all educators in schools to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning due to COVID-19.
- To assist our customers during this time, we’re temporarily extending the timeframe to return your DIRECTV, U-verse TV or AT&T Internet equipment from 21 days to 60 days. Get more information here about how to locate a drop-off location and return your equipment.
- More mobile hotspot data – Starting April 2 through May 13, we are automatically increasing mobile hotspot data by 15GB a month for each line on an unlimited plan that currently includes a monthly tethering allotment. That means if you’re on AT&T Unlimited Elite you’ll automatically get 45GB a month of tethering per line. Click here to see how to setup your mobile hotspot.
- What you want online, even easier – Starting April 2 through May 13, when you purchase or upgrade your device online, we’ll give you free express shipping, as well as waive or credit the activation, upgrade and restocking fees. We’re also giving wireless customers 20% off accessories when you order through att.com/accessories.1
- Waiver of International Roaming Charges in Guam - We want to help our customers traveling in Guam, including military personnel, stay connected during this challenging time. Effective April 8, we’re waiving Guam-based international roaming charges for AT&T Mobility accounts through April 30 and retroactively to April 1. As a result, all calls placed by our customers to or from Guam will not incur international charges from April 1 through April 30.
We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls due to COVID-19, but remain dedicated to serving our customers and keeping them connected 24/7. To allow us to help as many customers as quickly as possible, we recommend reaching out through att.com or our myAT&T app for support, additional resources or access to our online store.
Also, due to coronavirus, we have begun to close additional AT&T stores across the nation, significantly reducing our retail footprint to a minimum number of locations required to serve first responders, health care workers, government users and our customers. Where possible, we will keep at least one retail location open within a 20-mile radius in urban and suburban areas, and just over a 30-mile radius in rural areas. To locate a retail store that will remain open to serve your area, please visit our store tracker at www.att.com/stores.
Also, we are limiting the number of customers allowed in our stores at the same time to ensure proper social distancing. Stores will continue operating with reduced hours from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time and all stores will be closed on Sundays. The health and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We’re ensuring that all of our front-line employees have the necessary supplies to keep their hands and work areas clean throughout the day.
We thank our customers for their patience as we work hard to provide them with the wireless service they rely on, while keeping safety and health top of mind. We will continue to monitor and act as needed. We’re watching the situation closely and will share any updates in the “Update on Our Stores” section.
*Limited time offer. Avail. to qual. business customers. Must add World Connect Advantage (WCA) package to eligible postpaid plan during promotion period. Existing WCA customers must visit store or call to receive credits. Credits start w/in 3 bills. Max credit is $7.50/mo. If WCA subscription is cancelled or modified, credits cease. Other fees, taxes, charges & restr’s apply See offer details.
To See Current AT&T Prepaid Offer Click Here >>