Leadership: John Stankey, CEO-WarnerMedia
2017 Revenues: $31 Billion
We aim to deliver the world’s best stories and most engaging content from talented storytellers and journalists to audiences around the globe.
With the recent merger of AT&T and Time Warner, we’re now bringing a fresh approach to how the media and entertainment industry works for consumers, content creators, distributors and advertisers. We’ll bridge the gap between premium content and connectivity to that content. And together, we’ll drive even more choice, value and innovation to consumers – and deliver the best entertainment experiences in the world. For example:
- We’ll draw on our world-class library of top movies and TV shows, along with digital content, to experiment with shorter forms of content built for mobile viewing.
- We’ll work to integrate video with social media applications on devices
HBO, Turner and Warner Bros. are world leaders in creating premium content. They operate one of the world’s largest TV and film studios and own a deep library of entertainment. They also manage popular digital sites such as Bleacher Report and some of our growing family of streaming services including HBO NOW, Boomerang and FilmStruck. And, we offer a strong portfolio of advertising solutions.
Home Box Office has world-class premium video and licenses its programming in more than 150 countries. HBO is known for its groundbreaking original series, popular late-night programs, compelling sports shows, award-winning documentaries, as well as Hollywood blockbusters. It is also credited for innovation that in recent years includes the successful launch of HBO NOW, as well as new over-the-top (OTT) products across international markets.
- HBO is home to acclaimed series including Game of Thrones, Westworld, VEEP, Silicon Valley, Big Little Lies and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
- In 2017, HBO won 29 Primetime Emmy Awards, more than any other network for the 16th year in a row.
- In 2017, Home Box Office had a record-breaking year in subscription revenue growth and added over 5 million domestic subscribers across its HBO and Cinemax services.