Our Cyber Aware website describes many different types of fraud and cybersecurity threats. Here’s a summary of ways to report each type of fraud if it happens to you.
If you believe you are the victim of fraud related to your AT&T account, contact the Fraud Department at 800-337-5373.
Text Fraud Reporting
Texting fraud includes SMiShing and other texting scams.
- Forward suspicious text messages to SPAM (7726). Messages forwarded to 7726 are free for AT&T customers and won’t count toward your texting limits.
- Contact the Fraud Department at 800-337-5373.
- Forward a suspicious text message to the Anti-Phishing Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report suspicious texts to the FTC.
- Report robotexts at https://www.att.com/t/fraud/en/index.html#report
Phone Call Fraud Reporting
Phone fraud includes social engineering and ‘man in the middle’ attempts to get you to share personal or account information.
- Report potential phone fraud attempts to our Fraud department at: 800-337-5373.
- Report robocalls at https://www.att.com/t/fraud/en/index.html#report
You can also contact any of the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit file. The fraud alert asks creditors to contact you before opening new accounts or making changes to your existing accounts.