Customers Rate DIRECTV and AT&T U-verse TV and High-Speed Internet Highest in Customer Satisfaction in J.D. Power Study
DALLAS, Sept. 24, 2015 — AT&T* U-verse TV® and DIRECTV® have the highest customer satisfaction among TV service providers in the North Central Region, with DIRECTV earning the top spot in the East region as well, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Residential Television Service Provider and ISP Satisfaction StudiesSM released today.
In addition, AT&T High Speed Internet ranked highest in customer satisfaction among Internet service providers in the North Central Region, the study shows.
DIRECTV and AT&T U-verse TV** and High Speed Internet ranked highest in overall satisfaction in the two studies that give customers the chance to evaluate performance and reliability, cost of service, communication, billing, and customer service. The TV study also ranks programming.
“We are honored to receive these customer rankings from J.D. Power,” said John Stankey, CEO – AT&T Entertainment & Internet Services. “We’re proud of our history in this area and we know customers have many choices for TV and broadband, so it’s gratifying to see that they place us at the top when it comes to their own experience. Our goal going forward is to provide them with an effortless entertainment experience anywhere.”
AT&T and DIRECTV have added many features over the past year that make the viewing and customer experience even better for customers. For example:
- DIRECTV continued its 2-decade legacy of TV innovation by becoming the first multi-channel video provider to offer 4K Ultra HD programming direct to customers’ TVs. Its new 4K Genie Mini makes it easier for customers to watch 4K Ultra HD programming on a compatible 4K TV.***
- AT&T U-verse now offers more than 241 live channels on the U-verse App for smartphones and tablets, with more than 201 of those available to watch outside the home.
- DIRECTV added 22 out-of-home live streaming channels to the DIRECTV Everywhere platform that provides customers with more than 120 in-home live streaming channels, over 10,000 on demand titles from more than 65 networks.
- U-verse with AT&T GigaPower® is available in 15 metros today – and plans have been announced to offer AT&T GigaPower in parts of the Jacksonville and Orlando, Fla., San Antonio and St. Louis metros. U-verse AT&T Internet speeds of up to 75Mbps are now available in more than 70 markets across 21 states from coast to coast.
- AT&T is making it easier for customers to reach out for help with improved online tools. And it is improving network performance with proactive testing that finds and fixes a problem before AT&T even hears from a customer.
The rankings are the latest honor for AT&T U-verse. Earlier this year, Frost & Sullivan recognized AT&T for its leadership in high-speed Internet services, awarding the company the 2015 North American Competitive Strategy and Innovation Leadership of the Year Award for Broadband. Frost & Sullivan also named U-verse TV 2015 Video Company of the Year for excellence in customer value, innovation and growth.
And for the 15th year in a row, DIRECTV ranked higher in customer satisfaction than cable in the annual American Customer Satisfaction Index survey.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse services. For more information on AT&T U-verse — or to find out if it’s available in your area — visit www.att.com/u-verse.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**Requires qualifying device, U-family or higher TV plan and Wi-Fi or data connection. Content may vary by device, TV plan, and viewing location. Data charges may apply.
***Limited titles available. Additional equipment and fees required.