AT&T Continues to Invest to Enhance and Expand Integrated Solutions for Businesses Worldwide
Planned 2017 Capital Expenditure to Bring 2-year Total to More than US$40 Billion
AT&T* is continuing its long-standing history of investing to deliver integrated solutions to business customers. The company expects its 2017 capital expenditure to be in the US$22 billion range, which will bring its 2-year total to more than US$40 billion. More than 40 percent of that 2-year total will help AT&T expand and enhance its portfolio of smart, agile, mobile and integrated business solutions worldwide.
This follows a historic 2016 that included:
- Rolled out AT&T FlexWareSM to more than 150 countries and territories to help save costs by simplifying the process of buying and adding virtual network functions.
- Expanded the AT&T NetBond® ecosystem to more than 20 members and provided customers access to over 25 different cloud solutions.
- Rolled out AT&T Software-defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) premises-based, over the top solution in 52 countries.
- Successfully scaled on-demand network solutions including Ethernet and Managed Internet.
- Introduced AT&T Threat IntellectTM - the security foundation built from people, processes and tools that provides unparalleled visibility into the data patterns and threat activity across our network.
- Activated North America’s first LTE-M-enabled commercial site, starting a process that will bring the Internet of Things (IoT) to more devices and markets than ever before.
- Launched AT&T Collaborate to make unified communications easily attainable and customizable for businesses of all sizes.
- Extended our global network, including integrating and expanding AT&T Mexico’s fiber networks.
Our commitment to software-defined networking and data analytics are enabling us to improve capital efficiency while continuing to drive further innovation as the leader in delivering global business solutions.
“As a leading integrated service provider, we have a great responsibility to deliver the future first for millions of business customers around the world,” said Thaddeus Arroyo, chief executive officer, AT&T Business Solutions & International.
“Our investments are designed to help us provide customers modern network experiences and integrated solutions that are data-powered and software-designed for a new technology empowered generation,” he said.
The targeted investment plans for 2017 include enhancing and expanding our innovative platforms and solutions.
- Software-centric Solutions – Continue to expand our next-gen software-centric solutions that deliver flexibility, agility and control to businesses globally. These include AT&T NetBond, AT&T Network on Demand including AT&T FlexWare, and AT&T SD-WAN. Our software platform enables an integrated smart network experience that allows customers to mix and match their needs and easily manage through a single pane of glass.
- Cybersecurity – Continue to invest in building out AT&T Threat Intellect to improve our processes and tools, while continuing to equip our security experts with cutting-edge training. This effort will improve our data-powered analytics and virtualized security capabilities, and facilitate the innovation of new security approaches and solutions within our AT&T FoundryTM locations.
- IoT – Expand our multi-network IoT connectivity and professional services globally. Deliver highly-secure vertical solutions to help more cities become smarter, connect more cars and fleets, track more assets in more places, help improve healthcare and create a more sustainable world. And we’ll make it even easier for businesses and developers to jumpstart their IoT projects around the globe.
- Collaboration Solutions – Continue to deliver smart communications tools like AT&T Collaborate. Businesses of all sizes, in various locations, can collaborate across platforms. This helps them communicate with each other, collaborators, suppliers and customers.
- Connectivity – Continue to deliver high-speed, highly secure wireline and wireless connectivity to more cities. Continue network expansion, Mexico integration and expansion, and enhancing our global services portfolio.
- Wi-Fi – Expand North American service. Add availability to Mexico and Canada. And look toward further global expansion.
“Businesses are seeking agility in 3 areas. They want operational efficiency, an empowered workforce and highly secure networking. Our smart solutions meet all of these needs and more,” said Steve McGaw, chief marketing officer, AT&T Business Solutions.
“We’re investing in our network and capabilities, as shown by the more than US$9 billion we spent last year, to meet the evolving needs of our business customers today and tomorrow. They see the value in our company’s transformation. We’re transforming not just ourselves, but the industry and the experiences we deliver quickly and efficiently,” he said.
Our business customers include nearly all the Fortune 1000 companies. We also serve more than 60 percent of the FTSE 100 companies, 90 percent of the CAC 40 companies, over 85 percent of the DAX 30 companies and over 60 percent of the Nikkei 225 companies. We have thousands of dedicated employees in nearly 60 countries working to support our global operations.
Follow all AT&T news at MWC at: att.com/mwc or on Twitter @ATTbusiness.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, business, mobile and high speed internet services. We offer the nation’s best data network* and the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider.** We’re one of the world’s largest providers of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. Nearly 3.5 million companies, from small to large businesses around the globe, turn to AT&T for our highly secure smart solutions.
© 2017 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
*Claim based on the Nielsen Certified Data Network Score. Score includes data reported by wireless consumers in the Nielsen Mobile Insights survey, network measurements from Nielsen Mobile Performance and Nielsen Drive Test Benchmarks for Q3+Q4 2016 across 121 markets.
**Global coverage claim based on offering discounted voice and data roaming; LTE roaming; and voice roaming in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier. International service required. Coverage not available in all areas. Coverage may vary per country and be limited/restricted in some countries.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements Information set forth in this news release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update or revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.