The companies’ talented and dedicated founders come from all across the country, representing diverse backgrounds and leadership. Meet our game changers! This year’s class includes:
- Booknook (Oakland, CA) – a cloud-based platform that reinvents small group learning through personalized curriculum and texts.
- CareerVillage.org (501(c)3 / Palo Alto, CA) – a website where students can crowdsource career advice by asking questions that are answered by an online volunteer corps of working professionals.
- Earshot (Seattle, WA) – an app that uses voice analysis and machine learning to provide teachers with personalized data about their instruction to help them improve it.
- Learn Fresh (501(c)3 / Denver, CO) – creators of NBA Math Hoops, a board game, mobile app and community program that builds fundamental math skills through engagement with NBA and WNBA player statistics.
- LiftEd (Berkeley, CA) – an app that enables special education teachers to measure individualized student performance, analyze learning trends in real-time and share progress on demand with districts and parents.
- ListenWise (Brookline, MA) – a platform that curates engaging audio stories from public radio and wraps teaching supports around them, allowing teachers to assess students’ listening skills.
- LitLab (501(c)3 / Oakland, CA) – creators of Lumen, an app that gathers mobile usage data and converts it into actionable intelligence for parents, providing focused reading support.
- Zulama (Pittsburgh, PA) – a cloud-based platform that engages teenagers in programming and STEM subjects through game design.
These transformative ventures receive financial investment, mentorship and access to expert services from AT&T and others during their time in the Aspire Accelerator. The customized 6-month program kicks off this weekend in conjunction with the ASU GSV Education Technology Summit in Salt Lake City.
One of the great things about the AT&T Aspire Accelerator is that the question innovators agonize – how can I help students? – becomes a shared commitment. How can WE help? How can AT&T help the amazing companies that form our cohort and how can we, as a community, help students and teachers in new and lasting ways? We are so excited to get to work!