AT&T Drives Path to Nationwide Mobile 5G With Multi-Gigabit Speeds
2018 will be the year you can experience mobile 5G from AT&T.
We plan to offer mobile 5G to customers in a dozen cities, including parts of Dallas, Atlanta and Waco, Texas, by the end of this year. We’ll announce additional cities in the coming months.
About Our Network
- We work hard to deliver a great customer experience everywhere you live, work and play through fast, secure and mobile connectivity.
- Our networks are engineered for massive volumes, and we cover more than 99% of Americans.
- The LTE network covers 400 million people in North America
- AT&T owns and operates more than 40,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at popular locations such as restaurants, hotels and more.
- Data traffic on AT&T’s national mobile network increased more than 250,000% from January 2007 through December 2015.This growth is driving our work to build a network of the future so we can deliver new and unique services quicker than ever before.
- We’re using the latest network design techniques, moving from hardware to software, to make our network faster, simpler and more scalable.
- We’re engineering and designing for another 10X growth in volume across the network by 2020. We expect video traffic growth to outpace overall data growth in 2020 – becoming a major driver of growth.
View Our Coverage