AT&T NumberSync® for Connected Car in Select BMWs
AT&T NumberSync® for Connected Car Turns Select BMWs into Smartphones on Wheels
Have you ever left your home without your smartphone and had to go back to get it? That won’t be the case anymore for owners of the BMW i4, iX, and select 2023 BMW vehicles equipped with BMW Personal eSIM.
The new AT&T NumberSync for Connected Car plan turns these select BMW models into smartphones on wheels. The plan syncs the BMW owner’s smartphone number with their car to use mobile data and make and receive unlimited1 hands-free calls on the go in the U.S. – even if their smartphone isn’t with them.
Owners of these select BMW models will be able to sign up for the AT&T NumberSync for Connected Car plan through the My BMW app on their smartphone. They just need to follow these simple steps once in the app:
- Follow the BMW app prompts to set up cellular service (a.k.a. BMW Personal eSIM)
- Select AT&T as your wireless carrier, and then log in to your existing AT&T wireless account on the AT&T website.
- Confirm the smartphone number you’ve paired with your BMW.
- Select the AT&T NumberSync for Connected Car rate plan, review and agree to AT&T’s terms of service.
- Complete activation, and navigate back to My BMW app.
The AT&T NumberSync for Connected Car plan costs $20/month plus taxes and fees and includes 5G access and unlimited AT&T In-car Wi-Fi® in the U.S.* That means passengers can stream, browse and share from their favorite device. The charge for the plan will appear on the customer’s monthly AT&T postpaid bill. Customers can learn more here.