AT&T IIoT News
AT&T is a leader in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Get the latest news on IIoT from AT&T.
As a leader in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions, AT&T is helping to lead the emergence of the real-time, adaptive enterprise. Our goal is to help drive wireless capabilities into a wide variety of devices beyond traditional handsets, allowing our business customers to reduce operational costs and enable new revenue opportunities.
AT&T defines IIoT communications as a set of networking and IT technologies, which connects the physical systems of the world such as power meters, trucks, containers, cars, pipelines, wind farm turbines, vending machines and any electronic device which would benefit from 2-way communications.
AT&T has a proven IIoT success record, with millions of emerging devices in active service and industry analyst recognition for solution deployment experience and capability.
Recently, AT&T has seen increasing demand for IIoT solutions. Connected device opportunities with business customers have tripled in the past year.
As of 3Q 2015, AT&T has more than 23 million connected devices on our network.
AT&T has certified 2,300 connected devices and that number is growing.
IIoT solutions have the potential to extend the reach of your business, allowing you to capture information and control resources almost anywhere, to change processes within your organization and to develop enhanced customer services. There has never been a better time to explore the possibilities of IIoT and its potential for providing a competitive advantage in your industry.
With mobile communications now an integral part of the modern enterprise, executives are increasingly willing to explore IIoT solutions as ways to gain a competitive advantage:
Shippers track containers, trucks, and high-value or temperature-sensitive cargo.
Car and equipment rental companies locate, monitor and remotely lock or unlock vehicles.
Utilities use smart meters to monitor the electricity grid and isolate problems.
Retailers can track and restock inventory.
IIoT devices are being integrated into digital billboards, allowing changes based on time of day or day of week and enabling global updates to be performed from a central location. They are also being embedded into traditional and electric vehicles to enable the owner to monitor and control vehicle charge settings, plan journeys, locate charging stations and pre-heat or cool the car. Automakers and other manufacturers are also making extensive use of IIoT to monitor, control and connect complex systems that link individual machine components on the plant floor with advanced control systems and, ultimately, manufacturing or enterprise resource planning software.
Healthcare is another area of great potential, with IIoT platforms being developed to support chronic disease management, general wellness and fitness, and help the elderly who choose to remain living in their own homes. In addition, the pharmaceutical supply chain continues to evolve and will require greater IIoT visibility of product being distributed around the world.
Companies around the world are turning to technology not only to transform the way they do business, but also to stand out as a leader in their respective industries.
Service providers can plan routing of client site calls.
In The News
- Racine Berkow Cargo View: Cargo View
- Mobile World Live TV: Monetizing M2M
- AT&T Foundry: The Internet of Things
- TelecomTV: GSM has become M2M lingua franca
- White Paper: Developing Enterprise M2M Apps in Days or Weeks - Not Months or Years
- AT&T M2M Application Platform Powered by Axeda
- Visit AT&T M2M Solutions for more information on our services.
- Global SIM to learn how to deploy and control connected devices easily.
- M2M Applications to learn about pre-configured M2M solutions that can be implemented quickly and cost-effectively.
- Smart Grid Solutions to learn about the latest technology to modernize a grid, upgrade utility operations and improve customer satisfaction.
- AT&T Cargo View to learn how to improve transport operations of valuable cargo.
- M2M Application Platform to learn about our powerful application development environment that can reduce the time, cost, and complexity of M2M.
- Racine Berkow Cargo View: Cargo View