AT&T is committed to keeping you connected during your international travels. We were the first U.S. carrier to offer access to 4G LTE speeds abroad. We also offer the best global coverage and the widest selection of word-compatible phones. Learn more about AT&T’s international advantages.
We currently offer wireless voice coverage in more than 225 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 210 countries. Of those, AT&T data plan subscribers can access mobile broadband services in more than 170 countries.
Before You Leave
Wireless Service Tips Before Leaving the Country
By planning ahead, international travelers can achieve significant savings over default and operator-assisted international calling rates. For an optimal international calling experience, AT&T recommends customers planning to travel abroad take the following actions:
- Check for AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nearest you.
- Visit www.att.com/global to check service availability.
- Visit www.att.com/travelguide to determine wireless device compatibility with your travel destination.
- Contact an AT&T sales representative to activate international services. Be sure to ask about data charges and plans to save costs on data usage.
- Save emergency contact numbers in your phone.
- Purchase an international plug adapter.
- Familiarize yourself with international dialing.
Watch a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the latest installation of the award-winning AT&T International Hands campaign.
Watch our video to see just how easy it is to get your wireless device ready to roam.
Listen to a podcast of AT&T's Bill Hague discuss tips for traveling internationally with your AT&T wireless phone or iPhone 3GS.