AT&T Waiving Overage Charges For Those Affected By Hurricane Matthew
To help customers displaced and impacted by hurricane Matthew, AT&T* is waiving data overage charges for customers in affected areas. We know that whether you’ve evacuated to a safer place or are trying to stay connected to loved ones, you’re probably using your phone more and we want to help.
Here are the details:
- Talk, text, and data usage from October 6th to the 11th will not result in overage charges for post-paid customers.**
- For AT&T GoPhone customers, we’ll extend their payment date for voice and text service from Oct. 7 through Oct. 11.
- Cricket Wireless will not suspend customers for late payments from Oct. 7 through Oct. 11.
This applies to residents in the following counties:
We ask customers to follow these tips to help keep lines open for emergency personnel, as evacuations, the storm event, and aftermath all tax network resources.
- Text messaging. During an emergency situation, text messages may go through more quickly than voice calls because they require fewer network resources. Nearly all of AT&T wireless devices are text capable. Depending on your text or data plan, additional charges may apply.
- Be prepared for high call volume. During an emergency, many people are trying to use their phones at the same time. This may congest the network, leading to “fast busy” signals on your wireless phone or a slow dial tone on your landline phone. If this happens, hang up, wait several seconds and then try the call again. This allows your original call data to clear the network before you try again.
- Keep non-emergency calls to a minimum. Limit your calls to the most important ones. Chances are many people will try to calls to loved ones, friends and business associates.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
** Customer location and usage waiver will be based on account billing address.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) helps millions around the globe connect with leading entertainment, mobile, high speed internet and voice services. We’re the world’s largest provider of pay TV. We have TV customers in the U.S. and 11 Latin American countries. We offer the best global coverage of any U.S. wireless provider.* And we help businesses worldwide serve their customers better with our mobility and highly secure cloud solutions.
Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at http://about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
*Global coverage claim based on offering discounted voice and data roaming; LTE roaming; voice roaming; and world-capable smartphone and tablets in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier. International service required. Coverage not available in all areas. Coverage may vary per country and be limited/restricted in some countries.