“Today, we are proud to announce that we will be carrying the Galaxy S 5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “We were the first to deliver Samsung’s Galaxy family of devices and continue to have the best selection of Samsung Galaxy models in the U.S. AT&T offers new service plans at a tremendous value, an industry leading device lineup – all on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network 2.”
The Galaxy S 5’s 16 megapixel rear-facing camera will capture images that can be edited in the onboard camera studio. Camera studio can add effects to photos and edit movies with a complete suite of editing tools within the Gallery. The Galaxy S 5 also captures crisp HD video, which can be saved to the 16 GBs of internal storage. **
Additional key features for the Galaxy S 5 include:
- A 5.1 inch Full HD Super AMOLED® display, wide viewing angles and Multi Window capability.
- A newly integrated S Health***™ platform that enables nutrition, fitness and wellness tracking.
- Users can access health info, track and map workouts, receive wellness coaching and select healthier eating choices and track progress right on the Galaxy S 5.
- The Galaxy S 5 has a built-in heart rate monitor (HRM), which provides real-time data before and after exercise, simply place a finger on the sensor located by the rear-facing camera.
- The Samsung Galaxy S 5 also has a built-in fingerprint sensor making it easier to unlock the phone – in one simple touch. Read more about the Gear 2 and Gear Fit in the complete news release.
Read more about our wearables expansion with Gear 2 and Gear Fit in the complete news release.
1AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
2Reliability claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G LTE not available everywhere.
3AT&T received the highest numerical score among full service wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2013 (Vol. 2) and 2014 (Vol. 1) Wireless Customer Care Full Service and Full Service Wireless Purchase Experience StudiesSM. Study based on 7,195 (Customer Care) and 8,525 (Purchase Experience) consumer responses measuring 4 full service wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who purchased a wireless product or service within last 6 months. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2013. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
*This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
**Portion of memory occupied by existing content.
***This device, S Health, and related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease.