It Takes a Village
- Urban Arts – These learning units are rooted in the arts and technology, with a special emphasis on game design. For example, the unit “Video Game History Mash Up” explores the early days of video game history.
- Technovation – Learning units from this global tech education nonprofit inspire girls to be leaders and problem solvers. The lesson, “Make a Mechanical Stegosaurus Tail” teaches students about potential and kinetic energy as they build a model of a stegosaurus tail that can break through paper.
- Roadtrip Nation – This content focuses on driving career exploration through storytelling and education. For example, the unit “Explore Your Interests: Being Outdoors” shows students five different life paths they could take that connect to being outside or in nature in some way.
We’re also investing a total of $1.5 million between three new collaborators to bring The Achievery to an additional 34,000 underserved students nationwide through before- and after-school programs:
- Camp Fire will integrate learning content from The Achievery into its after-school programming at 46 affiliates across the country.
- City Year will integrate learning content from The Achievery into its programs in under-resourced schools in Los Angeles, Memphis, Tennessee, Dallas, Sacramento, California, Denver, Detroit, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Little Rock, Arkansas, New Orleans, and Columbus, Ohio.
- Think Together will integrate learning content from The Achievery into its programs at 175 schools throughout Southern California and the Bay Area.
Other organizations already collaborating with AT&T to bring The Achievery to underserved students include: 3DE, All4Ed, Connected Nation, Digitunity, Girl Scouts of the USA, the National Afterschool Association, and others.
Creating a Bridge to Possibility
The Achievery is more than just a learning tool; it’s a bridge to possibility. And we’re building that bridge with our “village” of collaborators.
By teaming with best-in-class content developers, education powerhouses and well-respected community organizations, we’re offering more high-quality online learning tools that enhance student education and demonstrate to families the importance of having high-speed internet access. It’s one more way we’re working to bridge the digital divide.
Providing free online learning resources not only can help students grow their potential, but also it can empower them to achieve.
And that’s what The Achievery is all about.