Our Corporate Commitment
It is the policy of AT&T to promote, increase and improve the quality of the overall participation of minority-, women-, service-disabled veteran-, veteran-, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT)- owned businesses in our purchases of materials and services.
Supplier Diversity Overview
AT&T Supplier Diversity connects certified minority-, woman-, veteran-, LGBTQ+- and disability-owned business enterprises with opportunities to provide products and services to AT&T around the world. We believe diverse suppliers bring value to our company through their unique skills and innovative ideas. Their efforts help us deliver world-class products and services to meet our customers’ diverse needs. Our goal for diversity performance is 21.5% of total procurement expenditures with minority-, woman-, service-disabled veteran–owned business enterprises. Participation in the supplier diversity program requires third-party certification issued by an approved organization or agency, and a copy of the certification is required to do business with AT&T as a diverse supplier. The supplier diversity program is also instrumental in helping prime suppliers increase the use of minority-, woman-, veteran, LGBTQ+- and disability-owned businesses in their supply chain for subcontracting opportunities.
AT&T has been a longstanding leader in supplier diversity by identifying and promoting diverse businesses for contract opportunities as both prime suppliers and subcontractors. We are proud to be one of the first corporations in the U.S. to have a supplier diversity program – launched in 1968 as a response to the civil unrest and economic disparities many diverse businesses were encountering. As we adopt new and emerging technologies critical to our business initiatives, we’ve made targeted efforts to ensure that diverse businesses are part of that transformation. The supplier diversity program is also instrumental in helping prime suppliers increase the use of minority-, woman-, veteran, LGBTQ+- and disability-owned businesses in their supply chain for subcontracting opportunities.
We have one of the most aggressive supplier diversity goals for certified diverse businesses
2020 Supplier Diversity Awards
AT&T is proud to be recognized for its Supplier Diversity process and program. These awards represent the commitment of our leadership and hard work of our employees and Supplier Diversity team.
- DiversityInc Top Companies for Supplier Diversity
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) America’s Top Corporation for Women Business Enterprises
- OmniKal America’s Top 50 Corporation for Multi-Cultural Business Opportunities
- Greater Women's Business Council (GWBC) Top Corporation for Women Business Enterprises
- Dallas Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council (DFWMSDC) Buy Those That Buy Us
- Hispanic Network Magazine Best of the Best for Latino Businesses
- Black BOE Journal Best of the Best for Top Supplier Diversity Program
- Minority Business News USA Magazine All-Stars of Supplier Diversity
- New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Change Agent Award
- Association of Supply Chain Management (ASCM) Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award