AT&T Brings Fans Into the Future for ‘22 NBA All-Star Weekend
AT&T TO BRING FANS INTO THE FUTURE FOR 2022 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND
On-site and at-home experiences to utilize the latest in AT&T technology: experience the metaverse as LeBron James, celebrate NBA Legends from the past 75 years, choose your own concert adventure with Jack Harlow, and more!
What’s the news?
As the Official 5G Innovation Partner of the NBA, AT&T* is leveling up for fans at this weekend’s NBA All-Star 2022 in Cleveland. Showcasing AT&T 5G technology, fans everywhere can create their own personalized NBA All-Star experience throughout the weekend’s activities, whether they’re headed to the game in-person or celebrating with friends virtually.
- Dive into the metaverse with AT&T Playmaker at NBA Crossover (February 18-20): Fans will receive a 3D body scan to customize their own unique avatar and then place themselves in any of the five custom All-Star themed AR playgrounds, like dunking in outer space or flexing the latest fit courtside.
- Dunk Like LeBron: AT&T collaborated with 18-time NBA All-Star LeBron James to recreate some of his biggest dunks. With AT&T Playmaker, dunk using LeBron in the virtual universe of one of our AR playgrounds. Or place him in the real world - like your neighborhood basketball court. Not in Cleveland? AT&T Playmaker and the LeBron Edition are available starting February 18th using a mobile device at att.com/playmaker/ar.
Click on image to download
- Multiple Grammy-nominated artist and NBA superfan Jack Harlow makes his NBA All-Star debut at the third AT&T Pregame Concert with special guest Cleveland native Cautious Clay as the opening act. The concert will be held before the NBA All-Star game at 4 p.m. EST at the Music Hall at the Public Auditorium, and also made available via free livestream on the AT&T 5G Concert Lens website as well as the NBA’s YouTube channel. The show will bring back fan-favorite AT&T 5G Concert Lens where fans can choose their own view by controlling the multiple camera angles throughout the performances, giving them one of the best, and most comfortable, seats at the show1.
- AT&T will present the AT&T 5G Legends Cam during TNT’s broadcast of both the AT&T Slam Dunk and the 2022 NBA All-Star Game. This view gives fans a stunning, cinematic view of some of the greatest dunkers and basketball legends attending the game from the past 75 years.
- We’re bringing fans the next best thing to being on the court itself with AT&T 5G Virtual View. This next generation in sports viewing gives those tuning in to the TNT broadcast a 360-degree volumetric view of the action with over 100 cameras working together to deliver the fast-paced action during the game, from the best virtual seat in the house.
- Emmy award-winning AT&T 5G HoloVisionTM is back on the road and stopping by NBA All-Star Practice presented by AT&T where a holographic Quentin Richardson will interview some of this year’s All-Stars on NBA TV.
Why is this important?
We’re giving fans the ultimate experience with 5G+ now available at the arena where this year’s biggest moments will take place. All-Star fans will have a front row seat to explore what’s possible. AT&T’s 5G network, the most reliable 5G network,2 is setting the standard for the future of fan experiences - wherever they are and with the fastest speeds - so they can immerse themselves in what they love most.
How does this illustrate AT&T’s holistic partnership with the NBA?
Since AT&T’s partnership with the NBA began, it was founded on innovation and equity that have led to many firsts in technology and a continued commitment to the loyal community of basketball fans.
Similar to the NBA, AT&T is proud to support athletes and students alike through initiatives that give them the opportunities and resources for their future aspirations. As part of AT&T’s ongoing commitment to HBCU’s, AT&T will serve as the presenting sponsor for the first-ever NBA HBCU Classic featuring Howard University and Morgan State University. AT&T and the NBA will donate $200,000 to the athletic departments of these schools to support their student-athletes with resources including academics, wellness and more.
What people are saying?
“Connecting fans to what matters most to them is at the heart of everything we do at AT&T, and this year’s NBA All-Star is no exception,” said Mark Wright, VP of media and sponsorships at AT&T. “With basketball fans being among the most loyal sports fans who live for memorable moments, we’re giving them more ways to experience how technology can enhance their lives, whether they’re customizing their avatar at AT&T Playmaker, controlling the camera angles for the AT&T Pregame Concert, or seeing their favorite players through the AT&T 5G Legends Cam during the NBA All-Star Game.”
“AT&T will once again innovate around NBA All-Star to showcase their top technologies, bringing immersive experiences to life for fans who will be in Cleveland and those around the world who will be tuning in to various All-Star events that AT&T is enhancing,” said Tara Mulcahy, senior vice president, marketing partnerships & media at NBA. “AT&T will not only leverage 5G technology to deliver memorable experiences, but this NBA All-Star will also be another opportunity for AT&T to showcase its authentic community-driven commitments within Cleveland and the HBCU community.”
This year’s NBA All-Star is packed with innovative, tech-forward experiences that every fan can personalize based on what they love most about All-Star weekend! Follow @ATT for special interviews, surprise guests, behind-the-scenes access and more throughout the weekend!