Here’s a progress update on our other open, disaggregated platforms:
- Next-Gen Edge Router – This platform provides our enterprise services, Ethernet, Broadband, Mobility, and Internet Gateway using Broadcom, Cisco, and UfiSpace hardware. We’ve now deployed it in AT&T production Internet peering network.
- Cell Site Gateway Router – This supports up to 100Gbps Mobility transport to provide the bandwidth demands that come with 5G services. This solution uses hardware from UfiSpace, Broadcom Qumran-AX chips, coupled with the Vyatta NOS software from Ciena. This has been deployed in AT&T’s mobility network.
- Ethernet Mux – This enables aggregation of 1 and 10 Gig access ports to 100 Gig transport. This platform is based on Broadcom’s Qumran-MX chips and uses EdgeCore hardware with Ciena’s SAOS Network Operating System software. This is now live on our Metro Ethernet and fiber footprint.
- Universal CPE – This broadband customer premise equipment today now provides high speed Dedicated Internet and Enterprise SD-WAN services. It uses Intel, Broadcom, Marvell and Silicom to put together a cost-effective and feature-rich device using Vyatta NOS software from Ciena.
- Open ROADM - Open ROADM provides the high speed and high-capacity optical transport supporting our fiber-based broadband and 5G backhaul. We have Open ROADM compliant components developed from Ciena, Cisco, Fujitsu, Infinera, and Nokia and have installed over 75+ nodes and turned up 100G and 400G wavelengths in our production network.
These great achievements are a collaborative effort. We recently hosted a “Carrier Day Summit” where global service providers and industry leaders gathered to share best practices, see what’s on the horizon for the technology and how we can further fast-track innovation to bring new products and services to the market much quicker. We are continuing to develop the open and disaggregated ecosystem to enable more advanced management capabilities and additional use cases. The task now is to unlock its full potential and make its capabilities more consumable and flexible for our customers.
Our customers’ demand for connectivity isn’t slowing down, and neither are we.