Protect Yourself Against Cyber Threats with these Tips and Tools
Download release (PDF)
Don’t Fret the Cyber Threat: Protect Yourself with these Tips and Tools
What’s the news? Chances are that wasn’t your dealership calling about your car’s extended warranty. In today’s world, cyber threats are a growing concern for anyone with a connected device. In honor of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we’ve put together tips to help you #BeCyberSmart and created solutions like AT&T ActiveArmorSM to help protect your devices and data.
Who’s at risk? Cybercriminals can target anyone – no matter how old or tech-savvy you are. In a survey we conducted, about 90% of consumers across generations said they’ve experienced a scam that tries to “phish” for their personal information, such as a suspicious email or robocall. Don’t take the bait! Scammers are getting more creative with their tactics, which is why it’s important to know the signs of a malicious text, call or email.
How can I protect myself? There’s plenty you can do and AT&T ActiveArmor puts it all in one place – making it simple and easy for you. It helps protect your devices and data by providing an extra layer of protection that starts with 24/7 built-in, network security. Plus, if you have our wireless service, you can download these free apps for additional mobile protection:
- AT&T Call ProtectSM includes spam and automatic fraud call blocking, warns you of incoming nuisance calls, lets you customize your robocall protection and even create your own personal block list.
- AT&T Mobile SecuritySM helps protect your personal data and alerts you to data breaches. If you have an Unlimited ExtraSM or Unlimited EliteSM plan, you get advanced features like Identity Monitoring, Safe Browsing, and Public Wi-Fi protection.1
When you get a suspicious or scam text, you can do something about that, too. Forward the message to 7726 (SPAM), so we can work together against the bad guys. This blog post explains how.
AT&T Fiber customers get an added perk. You’ll receive new security features with AT&T Internet Security with ActiveArmorSM. This means you’ll get 24/7 proactive security that helps stop threats before they get to you on every connected device, even over Wi-Fi, with features such as weak password detection, suspicious site blocking and safe browsing.2 These protections and more are accessible on our Smart Home Manager app.
With AT&T Internet Security, we:
- Protect you while you browse online by blocking compromised or malicious websites to help keep you safe from spam, viruses and malware.
- Monitor connected devices to detect and notify you of any vulnerabilities that could leave your information in the wrong hands.3
- Alert you if one of your connected devices is acting differently from its normal network behavior.
- Analyze your home network for weaknesses and notify you of emerging threats from hackers getting into your connected devices. We can identify these attempts, block them and let you know we stopped them.4
For more information about AT&T ActiveArmor and to download the apps, please visit att.com/ActiveArmor. While taking action to #BeCyberSmart can start with you, additional tools like the AT&T Secure FamilyTM app include parental controls and location monitoring to help keep kids safe both in the real world and online too.5 Head over to this link to view more stats on cybersecurity concerns and how we can help.
1 AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. Compatible device/service required. Must download the AT&T Mobile security & AT&T Call Protect apps & accept app terms & conditions. May inadvertently block wanted calls. ID Monitoring: May not detect all compromises or leaks of your personal data. Safe Browsing: May not detect all suspicious websites. Public Wi-Fi Protection: Requires set up; does not guarantee complete security for your data. Rest’s apply. Visit att.com/activearmor for details.
2 Compatible gateway required. Guards against known threats only.
3 May not protect against user-authorized access to home network.
4 Notification of known threats only; customer action required.
5 AT&T Secure Family is free for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days, you will be billed $7.99 each month (includes support for up to 10 lines). Service auto renews every 30 days unless cancelled.