FirstNet, Built with AT&T Celebrates 5 Years: New Mission-Ready Solutions Launch to Enhance First Responders’ Emergency Response
Dedicated FirstNet Fleet Grows to 150 Deployable Assets Nationwide; FirstNet Rapid Response Expands Mission-Critical Push-to-Talk Suite; AT&T ESInet Integrates with the AT&T Wireless Network to Improve Response Times for 9-1-1 Calls
What’s the news? As public safety’s partner with FirstNet®, AT&T* is launching new public safety-centric innovations to modernize first responders’ interoperable communications during both emergencies and normal operations:
- In-Building Situational Awareness [Read More]
- Public safety organizations and businesses can now enhance their in-building wireless communications with the Cell Booster Pro – an enterprise-grade mini cell tower that provides reliable connectivity for public safety on FirstNet, as well as employees and visitors on the AT&T commercial network.
- We’ve enhanced Z-Axis for FirstNet to give public safety an “altimeter view” or vertical visualization that shows the relative positions of first responders and incidents, as well as the ability to mark important areas within the building.
- Disaster Response [Read More]
- Public safety’s FirstNet fleet now has 150 dedicated deployable assets – including 50+ Compact Rapid Deployables (CRDs) – available to support first responders in all 56 U.S. states and territories.
- The new FirstNet Emergency Response Kit equips public safety agencies with a cache of 20+ FirstNet Ready® devices in a protective case to simultaneously recharge and immediately disperse to responders in the field following a major incident.
- Next Generation 9-1-1 Services [Read More]
- AT&T ESInet™ is now integrated with the commercial AT&T wireless network to provide faster and more accurate location of wireless 9-1-1 callers through device-based hybrid precise location technology.
- ADT is the first home security provider to integrate with FirstNet and now, PSAPs using AT&T ESInet can receive verified text alerts when an alarm is triggered. It’s just 1 more way we’re supporting public safety from the initial call until their mission is complete.
- Mission-Critical Push-to-Talk [Read More]
- With the launch of FirstNet Rapid Response, public safety now has 2 choices for their mission-critical push-to-talk (PTT) solution, as well as enhanced land mobile radio (LMR) interoperability capabilities to help modernize their communications.
- FirstNet Push-to-Talk now supports mission-critical video streaming and PTT calling over Wi-Fi.
Why is this important? Information is everything in an emergency. Before FirstNet, it was often hard for public safety officials to communicate and work together to save lives due to congestion on commercial wireless networks and interoperability challenges with public safety radio systems. Now, through an unprecedented public-private partnership in 2017 with the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet Authority) – an independent agency within the federal government, public safety has FirstNet, Built with AT&T. And it is not a commercial network. FirstNet is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband communications platform dedicated to and purpose-built for America’s first responders.
Additionally, AT&T is the only public safety carrier that can provide end-to-end emergency communication solutions to support 9-1-1 telecommunicators, dispatchers, first responders in the field and other emergency personnel from the moment they’re informed of an incident until their mission is complete.
AT&T leads the NextGen 9-1-1 industry with over 1,400 PSAPs having adopted AT&T ESInet. This equates to a 29% market share, serving 64 million people across the country. And more than 19,500 agencies and organizations – accounting for more than 3 million connections nationwide1 – are using the FirstNet network, which now covers more first responders than any wireless network in the country.
We continue to grow within the public safety market because of our distinct advantages from competing commercial offers. And these mission-ready solutions demonstrate our continued commitment to drive purposeful innovation to best support public safety – no matter the emergency.