AT&T Mobile Network Trends
AT&T Sees Gaming and Video Conferencing Hit Mobile Network Peaks
AT&T’s mobile network continues to perform well during the COVID-19 public health crisis. With more people staying in and working from home, we’ve seen a significant jump in mobile network usage, especially in gaming and video conferencing.
Mobile Network Traffic Numbers Continue to Rise
- Gaming continues to increase week over week and is up nearly 54% since the week of 2/24-3/1.
- Instant messaging, including text traffic from messaging apps and platforms, has slightly declined since the week prior, but overall is up nearly 60%.
- Email continues to decline and is down 25% compared to the week of 2/24-3-1.
Video Conferencing Hits Highs
- AT&T saw 470k Webex Meeting Calls – the highest during the COVID-19 pandemic – on 4/9, and then decreased to 272k on 4/10 likely due to the holiday weekend.
- IP Flex Calls accounted for 190.6M minutes of use at 58.3M total taken over the mobile network. This also saw a similar drop on 4/10 with 146.9 minutes of use.
- On 4/8 – AT&T saw 1.0M Global Conferencing Calls with 32.5M minutes of use, a 2.3% increase from the prior business day.
WarnerMedia Viewership High1
- Through April 9, CNN is on pace for the best monthly ratings performance in 17 years in both Total Day and Monday-Sunday Prime.
- CNN has been #1 among 18-49-year-old viewers in all of cable during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Among all key demographics, CNN is showing triple-digit growth in both Total Day & Prime ratings compared to this time last year and the prior 4 weeks.
1Source: Nielsen via MultiTrak. Apr-20TD: 3/30/20-4/9/20. Covid Pandemic: (3/09/20-04/09/20. Based on P2+, P25-54 & P18-49 AA (000s). Total Day M-Su 6a-6a. M-Su Prime 8p-11p.Based on most current & complete Live+7 data streams.