Our Privacy Commitments
Our privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us - including customers (wireless, Internet, digital TV, and telephone) and Web site visitors.
- We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
- We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period.
- You have choices about how AT&T uses your information for marketing purposes. Customers are in control.
Effective May 2, 2017
Our privacy commitments
- We don’t sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose. Period.
- We keep your Personal Information in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes.
- We will keep your information safe using encryption or other appropriate security controls.
Here’s some of the information we collect:
- Account Information includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, service-related details such as payment data, security codes, service history and other information like that;
- Network Performance & Usage Information tells us how you use our networks, our products and our services, and how well our equipment and networks are performing;
- Web Browsing & Wireless Application Information tells us about the websites you visit and the mobile applications you use on our networks;
- Location Information tells us where your wireless device is located, as well as your ZIP-code and street address;
- TV Viewing Information tells us about which programs you watch and record and similar information about how you use our video services and applications.
Here are the three basic ways we collect it:
- We get information from you when you do things like make a purchase from us;
- We collect it from how you use our products and services;
- We obtain information from other sources, like credit agencies, marketing companies, and other service providers.
Here are just some of the ways we use it. To:
- Provide services and improve your customer experience;
- Send you bills for your services;
- Respond to your questions;
- Address network integrity, help in fraud prevention and network and device security issues;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and services;
- Let you know about service updates, content, offers and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Improve entertainment options;
- Deliver Relevant Advertising;
- Create External Marketing & Analytics Reports;
- Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
Some examples of who we share your Personal Information with:
- Across our companies to give you the best customer experience and to help you get everything we have to offer.
- Other, non-AT&T companies that perform services on our behalf only as needed for them to perform those services. We require them to protect your information consistent with our Policy.
- With other companies and entities, to:
- Respond to 911 requests and other emergencies or exigencies;
- Comply with court orders and other legal process;
- Assist with identity verification, and preventing fraud and identity theft;
- Enforce our agreements and property rights;
- and Obtain payment for products and services including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection
Understanding Personal, Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- What is Personal Information? Information that identifies or reasonably can be used to identify you.
- What is Anonymous Information? This is information that doesn’t identify you and can't reasonably be used to identify you specifically.
- What is Aggregate Information? We take a whole bunch of people’s data and combine it into anonymous groups or categories.
- How do we use this information? We use and share this information in many ways including research, analysis, retail marketing, and Relevant Advertising. This data is also included in External Marketing & Analytics Reports.
- Want to learn more? Go here.
- We want you to know that we don't knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child's parent or legal guardian.
Your Choices & Controls
- For information about children’s safety and parental controls, view our AT&T Smart Controls and DIRECTV Parental Controls.
- You have choices about certain types of advertising you get from us;
- You can control whether your anonymous information is used in our External Marketing & Analytics Reports;
- You can choose whether to receive marketing calls, e-mails or text messages or certain other communications from us;
- You have a choice about how we use your Customer Proprietary Network Information.
- Scope of this Policy
- The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
- Information Sharing
- Online Activity Tracking and Advertising
- Location Information
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information
- External Marketing & Analytics Reports
- Data Protection & Security
- Choices & Controls
- How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
California Web Site Data Collection & "Do Not Track" Notices
Web Site Data Collection: We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services. We provide information about the opt-out choices available to customers, and the opt-out choices provided by certain third-party website and mobile application analytics companies we use here.
"Do Not Track" Notice: Because the providers of "do not track" and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, we currently do not respond to those signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
We Want to Hear from You
For Users of AT&T Business Services in Europe
AT&T is committed to providing global service in compliance with all applicable law. For users of AT&T Business Services in the European Union, AT&T has published a Privacy Notice to provide transparency on our data processing activities, the types of personal data we process, and the legal rights of individuals under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Welcome DIRECTV Customers